Cleveland Training Center
- Classroom and lab space (32,000 sq. ft.)
- Classrooms: Main Classroom(s) (North & South), CAD/Computer Classroom, HVAC Classroom, and Welding Classroom.
- Labs: HVAC Lab, Sheet Metal Lab and Welding Lab (AWS Test Facility), Testing and Balancing Lab (TAB), HVAC and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Lab, Welding Lab (AWS Test Facility), Kitchen Hood/Exhaust Duct Lab, Fire Damper/Fire Smoke Damper Lab.
- Sheet Metal Core (Trade Fundamentals)
- Sheet Metal Layout & Fabrication, Architectural Sheet Metal
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Drafting, Detailing, EPA-Section 608 Refrigerant Recovery (CFC Certification)
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Hoisting & Rigging/Crane Signaling
- HVAC Fire Life Safety Technician (Level 1 & 2)
- HVAC Fire Life Safety Supervisor
- HVAC-Light Commercial (Service & Installation)
- HVAC-Residential (Service & Installation)
- OSHA-10hr and OSHA-30hr Construction Safety & Health
- Phenolic Board Fabrication and Installation (KoolDuct)
- Project Management, Reading Plans & Specifications (Blueprint Reading)
- Supervisory Training
- Trade Related Mathematics
- Welding (SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW & Oxy-Fuel Cutting)
- Mechanical Insulation and Lagging
- Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA)
- NATE Certification Testing
- OSHA 30 – 8 Hour refresher
- 24 Years Trade Experience (14 Field, 5 Shop, 5 Detailer)
- Sheet Metal Experience 1994-1999
- BSMET ’99 Cleveland State University
Specialties: ICRA certified instructor, OSHA 30 certified, CFC type II certifiedGreg Prohaska, Lead Instructor
- 13 Years Trade Experience
- 7 Years Instructor Experience
- Sheet Metal Apprentice 2005-2010, Sheet Metal Journeyman 2010-present
Specialties: First Aid/CPR/AED, OSHA-10hr and OSHA-30hr Construction Safety & Health, Reading Plans &, Fire Life Safety(FLS) Tech I and II, FLS Supervisor I and II. OSHA authorized Construction Trainer, AAS in Industrial Technology; Specifications, Sheet Metal Layout & Fabrication, Mathematics, Drafting, American Work Platform Training (AWPT) Approved Training InstructorAnthony Belluardo, Instructor, Organizer
- 16 Years Trade Experience
- 7 Year Instructor Experience
- Sheet Metal Apprentice 2002-2007, Sheet Metal Journeyman 2007-present
Specialties: Computer Aided Drafting (CAD), Detailing, Reading Plans & SpecificationsMike Brandt, Instructor
- 28 Years Trade Experience
- 7 Years Instructor Experience
Specialties: HVAC Service, Residential & Light Commercial, Energy Auditing, American Work Platform Training (AWPT) Approved Training InstructorDonald Faulhaber, Instructor
- 38 Years Trade Experience
- 17 Years Instructor Experience
- Sheet Metal Apprentice 1980-1984, Sheet Metal Journeyman/Foreman 1984-present
Specialties: Architectural Sheet Metal, Aluminum Composite Material (ACM)Mark Pietrzak, Instructor/Inspector
- 15 Years Trade Experience
- 6 Years Instructor/Inspector Experience
Specialties: Welding (SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW & Oxy-Fuel Cutting), American Welding Society (AWS) – Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), American Work Platform Training (AWPT) Approved Training InstructorDave Schroeter, Instructor
- 22 Years Trade Experience
- 8 Years Instructor Experience
- Sheet Metal Apprentice 1996-2001, Sheet Metal Journeyman/Foreman 2001-present
Specialties: Welding (SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW & Oxy-Fuel Cutting), Sheet Metal Layout & Fabrication, Phenolic Board-(Kool Duct), American Work Platform Training (AWPT) Approved Training Instructor, ITI Rigging InstructorPaul A. Zuba, Instructor
- 19 Years Trade Experience
- 13 Years Instructor Experience
- Sheet Metal Apprentice 1999-2004, Sheet Metal Journeyman/Foreman 2004-present Bachelor of Arts in Labor Education, National Labor College, Silver Spring, Maryland – 2011
Specialties: Sheet Metal Layout & Fabrication, Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM), Mathematics, HVAC Fire Life Safety Technician (Level 1 & 2), HVAC Fire Life Safety Supervisor, Phenolic Board-(Kool Duct), Industrial Lagging, OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer, ICRA and CPR/1st Aid Trainer
The SMART Local #33, Cleveland District, covering Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, and Ashtabula Counties & Vermilion District, covering Lorain, Erie, Huron, and Sandusky Counties will be accepting applications on the 2nd Monday of each month.
- Applicants shall be at least 17 years of age (photo ID required).
- Applicants must have received a High School Diploma or GED (proof required).
- A $10 application fee will be charged. The fee is payable at the time of application. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete a standardized test (independently administered), to qualify for an interview. The test is administered on a later date and the testing agency charges a $40 test fee.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS:
The SMART Local # 33 Joint Apprenticeship and Training Fund admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school administered programs.
12525 Corporate Drive
Parma, Ohio 44130
Connect With Us
Want More Information About Our Training Program?
Please fill out the form below with any inquiries and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.