West Virginia Sheet Metal Training CenterThe West Virginia Sheet Metal Workers’ Joint Apprenticeship Trust Committee is committed to providing quality sheet metal training and skilled labor for all apprentices and journeypersons within our jurisdiction, through education and practical job-related training. We will continue to educate and prepare all union craftsmen and craftswomen to provide contractors with a qualified and skilled labor force.
Apprenticeship ProgramsWith the expansion of our facility underway, West Virginia Training Center is devoted to providing the training and expertise to a growing pool of men and women interested in the trade. We offer a five-year training program that instills value and purpose in specialties of your choice such as industrial fabrication, welding, HVAC and more. Our program offers a diverse selection of classes and instruction from skilled craftsmen with years of experience in the trade. Get paid to train while earning a minimum of $15/hour along with a health insurance and pension plan from Day 1. We have a CWI on staff full-time for anyone working towards Welding certifications.
- Classroom and lab (8,960 sq. ft.)
- Classrooms: Main Classroom, CAD/Computer Classroom, HVAC Classroom, Welding Classroom
- Labs: HVAC Lab, Sheet Metal Lab, Welding Lab (AWS & HSB Test Facility)
- Scott Newell – Training Coordinator / Instructor
- 46 years trade experience – 23 years as Instructor – 17 years as Coordinator
- Certifications: Fire Life Safety Level 1 Technician; Fire Life Safety Level 2 Technician; Fire Life Safety Level 1 Supervisor; OSHA 502 Instructor.
- 10 Instructors with a combined 250 years of experience!
- ITI Core
- ITI HVAC
- Testing and balancing
- Architectural sheet metal work
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Blueprint Reading
- Fire Life Safety
Scott Newell, Training Coordinator / Instructor
- 46 years trade experience
- 23 years as Instructor
- 17 years as Coordinator
10 Instructors with a combined 250 years of experience!
- Applicants must be of legal age. (18)
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Must have received a High School Diploma or GED (proof required).
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- After submitting your application to Workforce WV and the JATF office has received it, you will be scheduled for an interview by a panel from the JATF.
- All applicants must submit a copy of their: birth certificate, copy of a valid driver’s license, grade transcript of school courses, grades obtained, diploma or GED, social security card.
- Copy of DD 214 if you are a veteran.
Want to join our training program?Please fill out the form linked below to complete an application for Sheet Metal Works’ Local 33, West Virginia District Apprenticeship.
4601A Camden Ave. Parkersburg WV