West Virginia Sheet Metal Training CenterThe West Virginia Sheet Metal Workers’ Joint Apprenticeship Trust Committee is committed to providing quality sheet metal training and skilled labor for all apprentices and journeypersons within our jurisdiction, through education and practical job-related training. We will continue to educate and prepare all union craftsmen and craftswomen to provide contractors with a qualified and skilled labor force.
Apprenticeship ProgramsWith the expansion of our facility underway, West Virginia Training Center is devoted to providing the training and expertise to a growing pool of men and women interested in the trade. We offer a five-year training program that instills value and purpose in specialties of your choice such as industrial fabrication, welding, HVAC and more. Our program offers a diverse selection of classes and instruction from skilled craftsmen with years of experience in the trade. Get paid to train while earning a minimum of $15/hour along with a health insurance and pension plan from Day 1. We have a CWI on staff full-time for anyone working towards Welding certifications.
- Classroom and lab (8,960 sq. ft.)
- Classrooms: Main Classroom, CAD/Computer Classroom, HVAC Classroom, Welding Classroom
- Labs: HVAC Lab, Sheet Metal Lab, Welding Lab (AWS & HSB Test Facility)
- ITI Core
- ITI HVAC
- Testing and balancing
- Architectural sheet metal work
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Blueprint Reading
- Fire Life Safety
Eric Anderson, Training Coordinator, Instructor, CWI
- 33 Years Trade Experience
- 20 Years Instructor Experience
- Sheet Metal Apprentice 1985-1990, Sheet Metal Journeyman 1990 -present
- 4 Years Trade Experience
- Sheet Metal Apprentice 2015 -present
- 23 years Trade Experience
- 2 years Instructor Experience
- Sheet Metal Apprentice 1997-2002, Sheet Metal Journeyman 2002 -present
- 43 Years Trade Experience
- 8 Years Instructor Experience
- Sheet Metal Apprentice 1976-1980, Sheet Metal Journeyman 1980-present
Applicants will be required to successfully complete a standardized test Administered by the J.A.T.F., to qualify for an interview. The tests are administered on a quarterly basis.
- Applicants must be of legal age. (18)
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Must have received a High School Diploma or GED (proof required).
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- After submitting an application to Workforce West Virginia and achieving the minimum standard on a Tabe Test administered by Workforce West Virginia you will be scheduled for an interview by a panel from the JATF.
- All applicants must submit a copy of their: birth certificate, copy of a valid driver’s license, grade transcript of school courses, grades obtained, diploma or GED, social security card, Tabe Test scores, and proof of jurisdictional residence at the time of Interview.
- Copy of DD 214 if you are a veteran.
4601A Camden Ave. Parkersburg WV