Toledo Training Center
- Classroom and lab (24,000 sq. ft.)
- Classrooms: Main Classroom, HVAC Classroom, Welding Classroom, OSHA Classroom
- Labs: Sheet Metal Lab, HVAC Lab, Welding Lab (AWS Test Facility).
- Sheet Metal
- Commercial Service
- Residential Service
- OSHA 30-Hour
- Commercial Layout
- Residential Layout
- Industrial Layout
- Trade Math
- Siding, Decking, & Rigging
Dan Kline, Training Coordinator
- 30 Years Trade Experience
- 24 Years as an Instructor
- 12 Years Experience as Training Coordinator
Certifications: Test Facility Representative, Fabrication Technician, Estimator, & Supervisor & Foreman, AWPT Training Instructor.
Clint Dockery, Primary Instructor
- 23 Years Trade Experience
- 12 Years Experience as an Instructor
Certifications: iTi Certified Detailer, Fabrication Technician, Estimator, & Supervisor & Foreman. Kingspan Certified Installer/Fabricator KoolDuct, ICB/TABB Fire Life Safety Technician & Supervisor, AWPT Training Instructor
Specialties: Sheet Metal Layout & Fabrication, Welding, Trade Mathematics, Commercial & Residential Duct Design, HVAC Service, Industrial Design & Fabrication, Phenolic Board (KoolDuct)
Jim Domanowski, Welding Instructor
- 46 Years Trade Experience
- 29 Years as an Instructor
Certifications: Former Training Coordinator, CWI, American Welding Society
Ken Armer, HVAC Service Instructor
- 42 Years Trade Experience
- 24 Years Experience as an Instructor
Certifications: Licensed Contractor, ACCA Residential Design Specialist
Specialties: HVAC Service, Residential & Light Commercial
Jeff King, Safety Instructor
- 22 Years Trade Experience
- 8 Years as an Instructor
Certifications: iTi Certified OSHA 500, Architectural, Industrial Instructor, ASME Signaling & Rigging, ICB/TABB Fire Life Safety Technician & Supervisor
Specialties: CPR/First-Aid, OSHA, Fire Life Safety, Signaling & Rigging
Rod Graffis, Welding Instructor
- 33 Years Trade Experience
- 12 Years as an Instructor
Will Garcia, Instructor
- 25 Years Trade Experience
- 8 Years Experience as an Instructor
Certifications: ITI Instructor 101, OSHA, Hoisting & Rigging, EPA, LIFTS
Specialties: Instructor of Static Vertical (1a), Static Boom (1b), Mobile Vertical (3a), Mobile Boom (3b)
Russell Drennan, New Welding Instructor
- 23 Years Trade Experience
- 20+ Years Field Foreman/Shop Fabrication Leader
Certifications: OSHA, AWPT, CWI, First-Aid/CPR, Confined Space, Forklift Operator
Specialties: MIG and Stick Welding
Upcoming: ITI Instructor 101 Certification
Applications are accepted at the Toledo Training Center on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- A valid driver’s license, birth certificate and high school transcripts must be submitted at the time of application.
- $15 non-refundable application fee – cash only.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete a standardized test (independently administered), to qualify for an interview. The test is administered on a later date and the testing agency charges a $30 test fee.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS:
The SMART Local # 33 Joint Apprenticeship and Training Fund admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school administered programs.
27430 Crossroads Pkwy. Rossford, OH 43460
Want More Information About Our Training Program?
Please fill out the form below with any inquiries and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.